Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Inverness Diamonds Knitted Handwarmers

Another pair!
It seems I can't stop making handwarmers..
These are knitted with a Denim blue mix of Merinos and cotton yarn, flecked with bits of yellow, red and white.
Simple and beautiful, embellished by an Inverness Diamonds pattern on the backs.
My free pattern:

Materials:
One ball Tropical Lane "Cin Cin" (75% Merinos, 5% Cotton, 20% Dralon) (50g/125m) Light blue
4.00mm Straight Needles

Abbrevations:
k = knit
p = purl
st/sts = stitch/stitches

Gauge: 10sts*16rows = 5*5cm in Stockinette st

Left Handwarmer:
Cast on 34 sts.
Rows1-8: Work in Stockinette Stitch, ending with a purl row.
Inverness Diamond Pattern Rows:
Row 1: k3, p3, k9, p3, k16
Row 2: Purl for 17 sts, k3, p7, k3, p4.
Row 3: k5, p3, k5, p3, k18
Row 4: Purl for 19 sts, k3, p3, k3, p6
Row 5: k7, p3, k1, p3, k20
Row 6: Purl for 21 sts, k5, p8
Row 7: k9, p3, k22
Row 8: Repeat row 6
Row 9: Repeat row 5
Row 10: Repeat row 4
Row 11: Repeat row 3
Row 12: Repeat row 2
Rows 13-24: Repeat rows 1 to 12
Row 25: Repeat row 1
Row 26-28 : Work in Stockinette Stitch, ending with a purl row.
Bind off loosely, using a 5.00mm needle

Right Handwarmer:
Work same as left but reverse on the Inverness Diamond rows.
(for example: Row 1: k16, p3, k9, p3, k3)

Finishing:
Sew sides of hanwarmers leaving a 3,5cm thumb hole, having the Diamonds Pattern on the backs.
Enjoy them!

16 comments:

Rina said...

Your handwarmers are so very beautiful.
I'm a wristwarmer freak and like them all :-))
Kind regards from Switzerland
Rina

Mary Anne said...

I love your new wristwarmers - very lovely! I will have to add these to my ever growing queue.

I just finished knitting your Emerald Green Wristwarmers and the pattern is simple and easy to follow, plus they look great and feel nice. I'm planning to make the cherry red wristers soon. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

creativeyarn said...

Thanks a lot for your comments, I really appreciate feedbacks on my creations...
and I love to share my patterns with all of you fellows craftsters!!

Veggies.... said...

Also gorgeous!!! Love these handwarmers too. Glad I stopped by.


Geraldine

Sp1d3rM0nk3y said...

I absolutely love these! They're so fast and easy - I made 2 pairs yesterday. I've made almost every set of your handwarmers and I think your patterns are great. Thanks so much for sharing!

Rachel

Lynn said...

I made myself a pair a couple of months ago. My 21 yr old daughter has just seen them and begged me to make her some, too.

Such an easy but pretty pattern.

Web Designing Karachi said...

It’s a great post Man, you really are a good writer! I’m so glad someone like you have the time, efforts and dedication writing, for this kind of article… Helpful, Useful, and Charitable.. Very nice post!

Anonymous said...

in the process of making these, love them so far!

pherociouscake said...

I just recently decided to pick knitting back up, after only learning two stitches (knit and purl) and how to cast on, and having begun three different, unfinished scarves. I found your patter on Ravelry and thought they were too cool not to make, and thus beginning my first completed knitting project. Thank you for keeping it simple (:

WOW Gold said...

I simply completed sewing your own Bright green Wristwarmers along with the routine is easy and easy to follow, and in addition they look good and sense nice. I'm likely to make the cherry red wristers soon. Thanks for revealing the skills with us.

Anastacia said...

I LOVE your handwarmer patterns!
I've knitted several of them - for myself and gifts. Perfect little projects. I'm especially fond of the one with the eyelets, but look forward to knitting these.

Barb said...

Beautiful! I have been away from knitting for a while and just started again. I have knitted hats & scarfs for charity for the last couple of months and will now add handwarmers to my stash. Thanks for sharing your patterns!

wowitems said...

These are knitted with a Denim blue mix of Merinos and cotton yarn, flecked with bits of yellow, red and white.
WOW Gold Kaufen Billig
Billig WOW Gold Kaufen

Goldie said...

I found your blog a wee while ago. I love it! Especially these hand warmers! I've made a couple of pairs for my best friends from Inverness, I just couldn't resist when I saw these were called 'Inverness Diamond Knitted Handwarmers'

I'm terrible at casting on so it doesn't roll up horrendously, so I did a single crochet around the edge.

francesca spencer said...

Hi, what weight yarn are these please? Tried searching for the yarn you used but can't find it anywhere.
Thanks
Frankie x

Jackie said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I shared this Inverness Diamond pattern with an Outlander Knitting/Crochett group on Facebook! To me it seemed to fit into our groups likes. I really love you design and wanted to share with the group! I did include your name and blog and all! Thanks so much for the beautiful pattern!