Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New soft tam beret

Here's a new tam beret i've made some days ago. I love to crochet berets and i've made many of them for friends and parents. They are easy and quick to make, perfect for a last minute present!
I sell this one on my Etsy shop, but i like to share my patterns so, if you prefer, you can make your own one and give it to a special friend. I'm definitely for homemade gifts!
So here's the easy pattern:

Terms:
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dc2tog = work 2 double crochet together
sc = simple crochet
sl st = slip stitch

Gauge: 8dc*10rows = 10*10cm
I used 8.00 mm hook and 100 gr.soft pink bulky yarn.
At the end of each round join with a sl st in 3rd ch of beg. ch 3.

Beret:
Ch 3, join with sl st to form ring.
Rnd 1: ch 3 (count as dc), make 11 dc in ring.(12 dc)
Rnd 2: ch 3, 2 dc in each dc.(24 dc)
Rnd 3: ch 3, 2 dc in the same joining dc,*ch 2, skip 1 ch, 3 dc in next dc*, repeat from * around, ending with ch 2 and joining to first dc group.(12 dc group)
Rnd 4: ch 3, turn, 2 dc in next ch 2 space,*ch 2, 3 dc in next ch 2 space*, repeat from * around, ending with ch 2 and joining to first dc group.(12 dc group)
Rnd 5: repeat Rnd 4.
Rnd 6: ch 3, 1 dc in each next 2 dc,*1 dc in next ch 2 space, 3 dc in next 3 dc*, repeat from * around ending with 1 dc in last ch 2 space and joining to first dc.
Rnd 7: ch 3, 3 dc, dc2tog.,*4 dc, dc2tog.*, repeat from * around, joining to beg. ch3.
Rnd 8: ch 3, 2 dc, dc2tog.,*3 dc, dc2tog.*, repeat from * around, joining to beg. ch3.
Rnd 9: sc around, join with sl st to last sc.
Fasten off and weave in all ends.
Enjoy you're new tam beret!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this pattern. I have just finished crocheting my second beret, and I cant stop! You are the help I was looking for, and I wanted to say thanks for sharing your masterpiece :)

creativeyarn said...

Oh, thank you!
I'm so happy to help!
I've learned to crochet and knit thanks to internet, and to me it's really important to share creativity and ideas!
All the best,
Marta

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this (and all your other patterns). So many of your things have given me great inspiration! I made this beret in less than an hour and it turned out so cute!:)
I am planning on making one for my friend as well, as you said homemade gifts are the best!:)

Anonymous said...

This looks easier than the one's that I have seen. Thanx for your generous sharing

Trinket said...

I love the look of this tam. It's pretty! I have tried to make it, though, and it didn't seem to work out quite right. You had said to use a soft bulky yarn, so I tried Brown Sheep Company's bulky yarn and it didn't look right. Which brand did you use, if it's okay for me to ask?

53miles said...

This is a very cute beret, but I would like to make it in medium (size 4) yarn since I've already purchased some Caron Super Soft. How do I adapt the pattern?
Thank you so much!!

Jen

Tee said...

This is absolutely adorable. I've never made a hat I really liked until this one. Thanks!

Christy said...

I also have a question about adapting this pattern. I would like to make it larger to fit a man's head and possible so that I could felt it. Any tips before my attempt?

Debz said...

I was just wondering what u mean by work two double crochet's together, do u mean two in the same stitch?

JillnCo. said...

Hi, random, since I just found this blog but I think she means to double crochet decrease when she says to work two double crochets together. Great pattern! Too cute!

Gowri said...

Hi there, I love this pattern! I'm new to crocheting, and am going to use the chunky Lion brand yarn. I was wondering, if I don't want the big holes in the back (but still some texture : ), do you have any ideas of what I can do? Thanks so so much!

Anonymous said...

could i use thick and quick yarn by lion brand for this tam??? thank you so much for all your beautiful patterns.

sarahsanford said...

Need help - I love this pattern and I'm currently making it for a friend of mine who just lost her hair to chemo... I have no idea what "work 2 double crochet together" means, though. Help?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I tried making this, but for some reason it comes out really small when done. =[ Why is that?

Sonya Johnson said...

I found this pattern on the Crochet Me forum, and made it in a couple of hours. This is the first time I've ever made a hat, and I was thrilled that the pattern actually WORKED and fit properly!

I used a super bulky Bernat velour yarn and 9mm hook to make mine.

Thank you so much for generously posting your patterns here on your blog and on the Crochet Me forum for others to use.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean in Rnd 4 by ch 3 turn? Turn your work ? Just confused but am making the pattern with a P hook and Lion Brand Hometown USA bulky yarn. Keep creating lovely patterns!

Just Joyful said...

I was looking for a quick but stylish beret-style hat using bulky yarn, and found yours on Revelry. I whipped it up this afternoon, and am VERY happy with it. Thank you so much for putting the pattern up on your blog, and leaving it here for so long!